It has been seven months since my husband told me that he is gay. I am struggling right now with impatience to get on with the rest of my life. I feel like I am on hold just waiting for things to happen, and I wish I could jump into what my life will be a year from now. I have two more weeks of college classes. I have 5 more weeks until I will have completed my 6 month pre-op weight loss plan in order to have my gastric bypass, and then I will have to wait for approval, scheduling, and a 10 day recovery. After the recovery period, I can find a job and hopefully claim my independence from my current situation. For the past few weeks I have had a difficult time staying positive as I wait for everything to fall into place, so tonight I am going to focus on what I have accomplished in the last seven months.
- I have lost 30 pounds
- I have kicked my addiction to Diet Coke
- I told my parents,and my sister
- I told a trusted college instructor
- I told a trusted friend
- We told the kids
- I started a blog…and people have even viewed it!!
- I have almost completed 32 credit hours of college courses with a 4.0GPA (Two more weeks baby!)
- I have gone to the gym and used the elliptical trainer almost every day
- I raced my son up a hill, for the first time in his life.
- I have a mini cyber crush…..can’t wait to met him once I am hot, and no he has no clue I exist. 🙂
- I have learned to negotiate 100 tiny conflicts with my future ex without losing my cool.
- I have made sure that all 4 kids have their homework done, and make it to all of their extra activities.
- I have made it through basketball season, hockey season, swim team, and I am all set to face baseball season and summer swimming.
- I have gotten rid of two huge bags of clothes that are now too big.
- I have volunteered over 25 times
- I have worked ( extremely part-time but it counts right?)
- I have updated my resume and cover letter
There, I feel better already. I might have to print this out and read it often, but I am making progress and I am well on my way.